jQuery checkbox plugin
I found a fantastic checkbox replacement plugin by Igor Vaynberg. His open-source plugin, Select2 is a jQuery-based replacement for select boxes. It supports searching, remote data sets, and infinite scrolling of results.
Some use case:
- Enhancing native selects with search.
- Enhancing native selects with a better multi-select interface.
- Nesting optgroups: native selects only support one level of nested. Select2 does not have this restriction.
- Tagging: ability to add new items on the fly.
- Working with large, remote datasets: ability to partially load a dataset based on the search term.
- Paging of large datasets: easy support for loading more pages when the results are scrolled to the end.
- Templating: support for custom rendering of results and selections.
Instead of trying to understand what all these features do, head over to the samples and try each one of them out. I am sure you will find at least one that you will use in your next project.[button link=”http://ivaynberg.github.io/select2/index.html” color=”#FFFFCC” size=”1″ style=”4″ dark=”1″]read more[/button]